Don't Miss Out On Latest Posts, Suscribe Now

Send Tweets With More Than 140 Characters With BigTweets

Posted by Shuheb | 13:51 | , | Comments



Have long tweets to send but can't as Twitter only limits up to 140 characters per Tweet? This is when a cool start-up called BigTweet enables Twitterers to send tweets of up to 280 characters even if you're not on the profile page.

bigtweet3
Created by Scott Carter, BigTweet is a bookmarklet which breaks up tweets of up to 280 characters into multiple sections and sends it to your Twitter profile from any webpages you're browsing. Not only that, this impressive Web tool provides tons of special unicode characters such as smiley face emotions, music symbols, trademark signs and many more. All these makes your tweets more lively! BigTweet works with bit.ly as a URL shortening tool.

bigtweet2
To start sending tweets, drag the BigTweet bookmarklet to your toolbar. As you surf the Web and finds something interesting that you would like with your followers on Twitter, click on the bookmarklet and punch in your Twitter username and password. Choose whether you would want to send tweets of either the default 140 or 280 characters. Type in your text and special characters if you want. Change the options under the "Links" and "Title" tabs if need be.

I personally love this tool as it not only allows me to send tweets of up to 280 characters, it makes my life easier as I need not to be on my profile page when I find something interesting on the net and I want to share it with my followers. I would give BigTweet a 9 out of 10 score.